Texas is home to all manner of things that crawl, buzz and sting. The hot climate means that most species of bugs can thrive here year round, and that can make life difficult for local homeowners. There are a number of different pests in Amarillo that will be a major nuisance if they infest your home. Read on to learn about some of the most common pests in the area and the issues they can cause.
A List of Pests Found in Amarillo
- Ants - Hordes of these little pests will ransack your cupboards and bring bacteria in with them. Some ant species are venomous and others will tunnel through your walls.
- Bed Bugs - These bloodsucking pests commonly infest mattresses and bite people as they sleep. Bed bug issues often lead to anxiety and insomnia.
- Crickets - When these noisy chirping pests find a way into your home in Amarillo, you'll have a hard time sleeping. Crickets are also known to chew up clothes, carpets and upholstery.
- Fleas & Ticks - Both of these parasitic pests will drink your blood, leaving itchy bumps behind. Fleas can spread diseases like typhus, while ticks are known spreaders of Lyme disease and other illnesses.
- Mosquitoes - Possibly the most annoying pests in Amarillo, mosquitoes will swarm around your yard and bite you whenever you're outside. Mosquito bites can spread many diseases including West Nile virus and malaria.
- Spiders - Among the most feared pests in Amarillo, spiders will build webs and they often bite, leaving welts. Two local spider species, the black widow and the brown recluse, are dangerously venomous.
- Termites - The most destructive pests in Texas, termites feed on wood cellulose and will hollow out your home to get it. A long-term termite infestation can completely destroy a house.
Do You Need Professional Pest Control?
Getting rid of pests is a task accomplished most easily by working with the pros. Call Ace Pest Control today if you'd like us to provide pest control services in the Amarillo area!